Wednesday 1 October 2014

Weight loss journey: First Step...First Hurdle


Here I am once again day one of my weight loss journey. I feel like I have been here so many times before and to be honest it always seems hopeless at the beginning.
I have struggled with my weight for quite some time now and have began to get very frustrated with myself because when I look back I have never really done anything about it. I would start working out then stop start a diet and then quit it. Obviously this trend would reap no reward.
 
So how did I get back here and what is so different?
Well... how did I get back here?
The answer is simple. I want more for myself. More importantly I have the sweetest baby boy that I need to be healthy and active for.
 
Step 1: Want it for YOURSELF
You will never be successful in losing weight or staying consistent if you are doing it for anyone other than yourself. If when you are working you are thinking about how others will see you... You need to reevaluate your reasons for taking on this joyrney.
I have realized that every time I started a weight loss journey (many times) I wasn't doing it for myself. I was doing it because one too many people said "girl you have gained weight" or because I couldnt find that dress in my size.
This journey to losing weight goes so much deeper. Finding your own motivation will be the foundation of what the rest of your experience to your goal will be like and how successful you are.
 
 
First Hurdle : Getting Started
Getting started is always the biggest challenge for me because I am so good at making excuses.
There is no one to watch the baby
I don't have the time
I don't have the money
I will start next month
The list goes on and on.
When you finally quit the excuses and "Just do it" is when your journey truly begins.
 
 
 
This is my first post about my journey and I will continue to write as more steps and hurdles come my way. My goal is to lose 50 LB's yes I said 50 pounds.
This should be veeerryyy interesting.
 
If you are taking this journey with me I would love to hear about your day 1 in the comments!

1 comments:

  1. You are well on your way! YOU made the decision already so the work is half done!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

© VanzBlogz 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis