Tuesday 10 June 2014

Tagged Tuesday: What have I done for myself lately?




What have I done for myself lately? Good question....

Being a new Mom I have not yet learned how to evenly share time for my husband, baby and me. This process is proving to be more difficult than I thought.

At present I am in dyer need of a visit to the salon and just a day to relax by myself of with the girls but I cant help but feel like I would be abandoning my family if I do. Does this feeling ever go away?

I know in order to keep sane I am going to have to let go and take some time for myself.

My husband and I went out together without Kaiden for the first time last weekend and while we had a great time and I loved spending that quality time with my hubby I couldn't wait to get back to my baby. During our dinner I was texting my aunt to find out if Kaiden was ok even though I knew she is fully capable of taking good care of my precious gift (otherwise he wouldn't have been there)

During this phase of my life I learning the importance of taking care of myself in order to better take care of my family and that goes for all aspects of my life.

I have learned that doing something for myself does not only mean getting my hair and nails done but it also means taking care of my mind, body and soul. I have made so many excuses about why I cant start working out and I cant make a healthy meal for myself because I have Kaiden.

There are a host of things I want to do for myself from haircuts to education but I have to learn to stop making myself handicap and learn how to live this new life with my baby.

I don't know if I will ever not feel like I'm neglecting Kaiden when I'm not with him but I am slowly learning how to deal with those emotions.


What have I done for myself lately? Not much of anything, but that will all soon change.


Tagged Tuesday: See what these dolls have done for themselves lately!

http://www.petulaw.com/2014/06/tagged-tuesday-what-have-i-done-for-me.html

http://www.annisbubble.com/2014/06/tagged-tuesdays-what-have-you-done-for.html

1 comments:

  1. Yes, the feeling will go away and it'll give you a total feeling of freedom while allowing you to give 100% to your family. You are definitely correct, doing something for yourself means more than getting hair or nails done. Doing those small things in addition to concentrating on paying attention to the entire person.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

© VanzBlogz 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis